How do we fortify and bulletproof our immune system? This is a big question in times of the global pandemic. This blog is all about arming yourself with a strong immune system to help fight against viruses and diseases.
What is the immune system?
The immune system is your defense, army, or military to fight out the bad guys or the pathogens. Pathogens are the microbes that cause disease or infection. Immune comes from the Latin word- immunis, which means “exempt from public service.” To break down the concept, it implies protected or free against insults, harm, or disease.
So, your immune system protects you from diseases. The immune system is like Immigration. When anything foreign enters your body, it has to go through the airway and the digestive system. Your Immune system is constantly scanning to see if a foreign entity entering your body can cause disease. It sends in the army for defense.
Let us first see what nutrients are essential in keeping your immune system bulletproof.
Vitamin A helps provide structural integrity to the mucosal cells in the sinus and their respiratory centers. Vitamin A facilitates the production of white blood cells in the bone marrow. It helps the body to fight against various types of bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens.
Vitamin A can be found in:
- Vegetables, such as carrots, spinach, broccoli, and cabbage.
- Dairy products such as milk and butter.
- Cod liver oil, egg yolk are also rich in Vitamin A.
- Fruits such as melons, apricots, and mangoes.
Vitamin B also serves to boost the Immune system. Vitamin B is not just a single vitamin. Instead, it is a complex of eight vitamins that have numerous roles in our Immune System. Vitamin B is key to the body’s overall functions because it regulates the absorption of many other components. When either Vitamin B12 or B9 is low, there is a decrease in the number of circulating antibodies as well. Thus the body will be exposed to many infections, and the capability to quickly recover from illnesses will also diminish.
Foods rich in Vitamin B are:
- Fruits such as Avocado, banana, strawberry.
- Dairy products such as milk and yogurt.
- Meat or fish.
Vitamin C is a vital micronutrient for our Immune System. It has been used since ages to boost Immunity and decrease the duration of colds and flus. Hence, it is the most widely consumed dietary supplement in the world.
Vitamin C increases interferons‘ production, a protein that helps the white blood cells fight against viral infections.
Many research groups have suggested the intake of vitamin C. It is one of the best vitamins to promote a strong Immune System.
The foods that have vitamin C in abundance are:
- citrus fruits such as lemons, oranges, and guava.
- Bell peppers.
- Green leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin C is also present in large quantities in your adrenal gland to help make adrenal hormones.
Vitamin D is an immunomodulator which means it has a controlling factor over your immune system. It is not even a vitamin. It is a hormone factor that controls your immune system. So, it has a function that goes ways beyond just making bone. There are vitamin D receptors in your white blood cells and your DNA. Many people don’t even know that they are deficient in vItamin D.
Vitamin D supports the T-cells, which are made by the thymus gland. This gland is like a training camp for white blood cells.
Vitamin D is rarely found in food, so we can obtain it from:
- The Sun
- In the form of a supplement.
Vitamin E has antioxidant properties and hence is helpful to the Immune System. It helps fight free radicals and helps us regenerate and work seamlessly.
Good sources of Vitamin E are:
- Wheat germ oil, sunflower oil, and soybean oil.
Zinc is the most vital trace mineral for the immune system. It can increase T-cells and does a lot of other things for the immune system. Many people are found deficient in zinc, but zinc is very protective against viruses.
Why do we need Dietary supplements?
- It is very difficult to receive all the nutrients required by the body from food. We need more nutrients because we are exposed to more toxins, heavy metals, pesticides, plastic than ever before.There are hundreds of thousands of chemicals in the environment, all of them putting a burden on our minerals and antioxidant reserves.
- The quality of food is also different today. 70% of our diet today constitutes processed food. You lose many nutrients when the food is processed.
- Even if you say that you are eating whole fresh food, there is the problem of soil depletion. The minerals in our food are much lower over the past 50 years. It is surprising that due to farming practices and the overuse of pesticides, we have a significant decline in nutrient content in the food we eat.
- Things like acidification and climate change are among other reasons why dietary supplements are a must in our diet today. The excess carbon dioxide is damaging the nutrient content of the crop.
- Another issue is that we are not eating the amount of nuts, fruits, vegetables, seeds in our diet that we should.
The result is that people have many problems with generative diseases. They are fatigued all the time and feel weak. You can see by the symptoms that you are not delivering to the body everything that it needs. So we see great benefits with nutritional supplementation.
Give your body a full deck to play with. Get all the nutrients from high-quality food and supplements, and you will see your body perform amazingly than ever before.
Best supplements to boost your Immune System.
This blog has acquainted you with all the vitamins vital to your Immune System’s health. We have also explained how each of the vitamins benefits your Immunity and the foods that are rich in these vitamins.
A Vitamin-rich diet will be heavy in fruits, vegetables, and other whole foods. When you compliment your diet with a supplement, choose a high-quality product made from natural food sources. The supplement should be free from fillers and toxins.
We are happy to introduce Munulex. A supplement which contains all the vitamins that we just discussed. Munulex also has loads of other micronutrients, which boost the five essential aspects of healthy Immunity, which are:
- Cellular Immunity
- Circulatory Immunity
- Digestive Immunity
- Respiratory Immunity.
- Systemic Immunity.
Some Important tips to Boost your Immunity.
- Your mental health also influences your Immune System. Stress, anxiety, fear, and worry wreak havoc on your body. Your emotions and physical body are all connected to one another. So make sure that you take care of your emotional and mental well-being. Meditation, being in silence, and calming your mind will help your body.
- Exercising, playing outdoor games, going to the gym every day helps make sure that you are in a better state of mind.
- Feed your mind with positivity by reading great books.
Remember that your health is your wealth. Imagine if you are asked to pick any one car you desire for the rest of your life. We guarantee that whatever car you choose, you will take fantastic care of it if that was the only car you could have for the rest of your life.
It is the same with your body. You only get one body, and you want to make sure that you take fantastic care of it. The more you care about your health and well-being, the more you will get out of life, business, and your relationships. God gave us this temple. Prioritize it and give it the best fuel and support that it needs so that it can prosper and give you so much more back.